Tuesday, November 18, 2008

2 Falls in 2 Weeks

I fell down the stairs carrying Parker. My body hurt for about one week after. The bruises are not even gone yet and guess what? Last night Parker woke up crying and while carrying him downstairs to give him his pain medication I fell down the stairs again. I thought I was being extra careful and there it happened again. I could not get up for 15 minutes and after that Tony had to help me walk. It was horrible. I fel on my tailbone and I hurt myself pretty bad. Today I have been controlling the pain with some prescribed medication and resting. Last night before falling asleep Parker told me that I should slide down the stairs like him and his brothers from now on. I might have to follow his advice if I don't stop having these accidents. Tomorrow Tony has to go back to work and I have to take care of my kids. The meds are working great and I am sure I will be able to manage the kids and some light house work.

4 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Ouch glad it was nothing more serious. Be careful girl!

Anonymous said...

oh my! ouch, not your week to be graceful. I'm glad you didn't get hurt an worse, and good luck with Tony back to work. Time to keep the pain medicine upstairs or in your pocket. Please be more careful next time!

Stephanie said...

You poor lady! Probably should follow that little guys advice either that or avoid the stairs all together:) I hope you start feeling better!

Suspension Bridges said...

I use to have this bad habit of falling up the stairs. I would be running up them so fast I would miss a stair on fall on my face. My family thought it was quite funny.