Friday, February 13, 2009

Till the cows come home.

I have been meaning to post this story for a long time.
A few months ago Parker got into trouble ( which is such a unusual thing for him HAHAHHA) Anyway Tony got upset and told him to go to time out. On his way to time out Parker asked Tony how long he would have to stay in time out and Tony told him "until the cows come home". Parker went to time out visibly upset but it was not his ususal telling us that he doesn't care and that we should go to time out ourselves because we were mean to him. No, this time he was crying and when I asked him why he was crying he said," I don't want the cows to come home. They will bite me." So I explained to him that this was just a idiom, something that you say but in truth you mean something different. He calmed down a little bit and everything was well untill Tony and Zack decided to tease Parker about the cows coming home. I guess the cows coming home have traumatized Parker more than we thought.
Last saturday when I was taking out the trash I went through the garage (it's shorter that way) After closing the garage door Parker ran up to me and asked me where dad was , I answered home and then he asked me where Zack was and I answered home. That is something that he started doing since the cow incident everytime he heard the garage open or close. He would always ask who was leaving or coming but this time nobody was leaving and everybody was accounted for and at home. I did not see his next question coming . He asked " Did the cows come home?"
Poor little guy. I am wondering how long he will be waiting for the cows to come home?

4 comments:

*Katie May* said...

lol that's great!

Suspension Bridges said...

Thats hilarious. Your boys are too cute. It is good to remember the parts to laugh at so you can remain sane the rest of the week.

Tim and Shay said...

Hey! Look at all the new post! Lots of fun pictures. Love the "till the cows come home" story. That is a hoot!

Melissa said...

I think this is the funniest story! Your kids do the darndest things!