Sunday, May 17, 2009

Crusing rules!!!

Who would have thought I finaly made it on a cruise. Tony went on a business trip to Arizona in April and stayed with his family for a few extra days. After coming home he told me to go on a cruise. After a short guilt trip I called a few friends (Lisa and Shayleen) and we booked a 4 nights cruise to Cozumel Mexico. The next day after we booked our cruise the news started reporting swine flu cases in Mexico. Luckily Carnival was one of the cruiselines which rerouted their cruises to other destinations. So our Cozumel cruise turned into a 4 night Key West cruise. We departed on Apr. 30-th on the Carnival Holiday Cruiseliner from Mobil AL. The first day on the ship was a quiet one everybody was tired from traveling. We were ones of the few people to attend the late show. They introduced the entertainment crew for our ship and a comedian performed for us. I felt bad for the poor guy. Everybody was too tired to laugh. The next day was a day at see and it was great. We spend the day eating, sun taning, watching the hairy chest competition and a ice carving competition. I loved being fed and waited on every day all the time. That's a dream vacation for every mom. That evening was our formal dinner. I just have one thing to say PROM NIGHT!!!!!!! The show for that night was inspired by the 50's. It was fun. The singers were really good. We spend the next day in Key West. I decided I want to live there. Lisa and I went parasailing. Shayleen was not allowed (she's pregnant). After parasailing we decided to go for some lunch and ended up in the ER. Now let me rewind a little bit here. Have I mentioned Shayleen got sunburned really bad. She was trying so hard to be a good sport and have a fun day at Key West but the pain got so bad that her legs swelled up so bad she couldn't walk. At the ER they prescribed her some Lortab after she made our with the doctor (we have pics). We got Shayleen back to the cruiseliner so she could rest and Lisa and I went to find some beach to hang out for the last hour. Which we disovered is not so easy in Key West. The nearest public beach was about 10 miles away and we did not have the time to go there. We asked around and were told that we could just crash a hotel beach and that there was one just down the street. So we did. We went to the hotel and got some virgin pina coladas and preteding we were hotel guests we got access to their small private beach. The water was soooo blue and the sand soooo white. Speaking of the sand. I didn't know that Key West didn't have any sand beaches. So they have to haul their sand from Miami. How interesting is that? We spend our last cruise day on the ship laying out, dining and resting. I have not rested this much since I had kids. I sure cannot wait to take another cruise.
Fortunately I'll not have to wait too long to return to the Keys. Tony is going on a business trip to one of the Key island and he's taking me with him.

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Where are the photos???

*Katie May* said...

ya I want photo's too! How fun though! I went on a cruise with my side of the family last year no kids it was wonderful!

Tim and Shay said...

That was the best trip! Dispite the burn. I had so much fun! You girls made it a great trip!