Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sunday Night's Insomnia

Sunday evening I had a couple of sipps of diet cherry coke. I forgot what effects caffeinated soft drinks have on me at night time. Long story short I was up untill 1:30 am. After hours of turning and wondering why I could not sleep (of course I did not figure out why I could not fall asleep untill the next day). I finally crashed but something did not feel quite right. Something warm was touching my face, somebody was talking to me and for the longest time I could not figure out what was happening untill I opened my eyes and saw Zack making his makeshift bed at the foot of my bed. He was scared and could not sleep in his bed. So I got up and helped him with his little camp in my bedroom. By the was if you are cosidering watching "the spiderwyck chronicles" DON'T!!!! It was a fun show to watch for Tony and I but our kids got sooooooo scared. Anyway back to the story. It's 2:30 am and I am back in bed falling asleep. Suddenly something something is climbing on top of me and hangs on to me . I feel so hot and sombody is talking really loud now. Yes you guessed right if you guessed Parker. That little turkey climbed into bed with me and was sharing secrets with me by talking loudly into my ear. By now it's 3:30 am and Parker after refusing to lay down by Zack is laying in bed between Tony and I trying to touch my face with his big toe. I tell him to stop that and go to sleep. He of course is not tired so he starts to kick me in my back and tells me to move. I move to the very edge of my bed to prevent anymore contact and maybe catch some more sleep when Parker decides that he wants to hold his mommy. By now I have given up on any more sleep. That kiddo produces more heat than our heater. I do not even know when I fell asleep but I woke up at about 5:00 am to Parker's snoring and kicking my back again. I decided to ask Tony to move P back to his room so I could catch some sleep. When Tony picked Parker up to bring him to his bed I saw the big wet stain. I could not believe my eyes. He totally peed through a pull up diaper (which I guess is not hard, I had forgotten that those do not hold anything) The funniest part was though when Tony asked if that was sweat. I wished !!!!!!! Anyway I lent my upholstery shampooer to Tony's mom the evening before. So there I was scrubbing as much away as I could and pouring baking soda on my mattress (that takes all the moisture and smell away) Tony decided to just get up and start working (he's working from home untill we move) I went to lay down in the kid's bed. I fell asleep at about 7 am and was awoken by some kids fighting about 2 hours later. Well wasn't that an exciting night?

3 comments:

Tim and Shay said...

That is so dang funny!!!! I'm sorry for the sleepless night, I've had those. But I was laughing so hard at your expirience! Sorry!

Amber Dee said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood. I can't believe your kids were so scared of that movie. My kids loved it. Too funny.

*Katie May* said...

Wow, no fun. Those nights when kis keep you up all night is never fun. I had a great time last night!